OCTOBER 16 2020
Talk about a generous gesture; a Canadian recently bequeathed his custom, fairy-tale home to charity, and you'll want to see pictures of the hand-crafted house.
British-born Victor "Ray" Titterington left his $295,000 home in Port L'Hebert to the Nova Scotia Nature Trust after his death.
The charming estate located on an ocean cliff is packed with cacti, carvings, clocks and hand-crafted furniture.
Titterington crafted wooden floors and doors piece by piece to create an artistic marquetry pattern, according to an Oct. 2 blog post from the charity.
The estate comes with a sizeable greenhouse. The ceiling is decorated with fancifully carved carousel horses that gallop over a wide range of impressive cacti, all in a stunning glass-topped atrium.
The home also boasts an immense factory that could rival Santa's workshop, stocked with every tool imaginable.
The workshop was where Titterington created the majority of his whimsical carvings — "some so small they fit in your hand and some so huge they stand as tall as a person," according to the blog post.
Titterington also built the large outdoor pool filled with water lilies located just outside the home.
The actual house is only one-bedroom, but it's located on a seven-acre oceanfront property, so you can live out The Secret Garden fantasies that you had as a child.
This custom home isn't ideal for people that love the hubbub of a city, but it might just be the best place in Canada to self-isolate for a few weeks (except for a house on an island, of course).
See more photos & details of this unique property here!
Would you live in this whimsical estate?! Comment below!
SOURCE: FRESH DAILY
ALL IMAGES VIA ROYAL LEPAGE
- Tips To Sell Your Home During Divorce
- Renting vs. Buying
- Buying Your First Home
- Buyers Guide
- Sellers Guide
- How To Get Your House Ready For Sale
- Investing in Real Estate
- How to Downsize
- How to move to different city
- Buying a first home for newlyweds
- Investment #1
- Money-Making Apps
- 148 Ways to Prepare Your Home for Sale
- Hot to crack your New Year's resolutions
- The Home Buyers Road Map
- The Home Sellers Road Map
- Protect your home from thieves
- Making your home a healthier place
- Must-have apps for every homeowner
- 7 Upgrades to Generate Big Tax-Free Profits When Selling Your Home
- How YOU can be a real estate multi-millionaire within 10–20 years
- Getting Started with Rental Properties
- Protecting yourself this summer
- How to create a standout rental space
- Perfect podcasts for long summer days
- Getting to know your Realtor
- Condo Buyer Roadmap
- How to get your home ready for winter
- Safety tips for Halloween: keep it fun not frightful
- The Home Buyers Road Map V2 2019
- The real estate cycle
- Living with Hygge this holiday season
- Why a home should be on your shopping list this December
- January 2020 Essential Apps Report